Anansi Education is pleased to offer the Anansi Abura House Volunteer Resident Position. Anansi Education is a non-profit organization founded in 2005 to provide scholarships to underprivileged Ghanaian youth to attend high school. While most Anansi students live in school residence halls, we also operate one private apartment that houses eight girls attending University Practice Senior High School. These eight girls are participating in a computer program through Unleashed Kids which provides them with computers and ‘Internet in a Box.”
We are seeking female applicants for the position of resident advisor and teacher for these girls. Requirements for this position are as follows:
- Female over the age of 21
- Computer literate
- Possesses an interest in education in developing countries
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Live in the Anansi Abura House
- Ensure that the house is running smoothly
- Ensure that the students attend classes and keep up with their academic
- Develop some extra curricular activities designed to help improve the girls’
- performance in school and their own personal development. These may
- include activities that promote increased self-confidence, develop public
- speaking skills, foster a strong community within the house or help improve
- their English.
This position offers a unique and special volunteer opportunity. The volunteer resident will live with the students, allowing her to interact with them on a very close level and experience a local lifestyle. The volunteer will have her own room and bathroom in the house. Though this position is unpaid, it includes room and board as compensation. The position also allows for some flexibility, and the volunteer is able to take some time away from the house to travel if desired.
To apply, please fill out and submit the following form: